Current colonizers of my time:
- (2019-) My son Locke is currently my most needy employer. Due to him and a few other things, if I dropped any communication with you in 2019 and on, it’s probably on me and not you!
- (2018-) I consult for the Ethereum Foundation. We run workshops (so far invite-only, at Stanford and MIT) to work on theoretical problems that arise from blockchain.
- (2019) Ethereum 2.0 Beacon Chain paper (SJSU CAMCOS Project with the Ethereum Foundation
- (2016-) SJSU assistant professor of mathematics. My academic page is here.
- (2012-) SPARC director and instructor, where I corrupt accelerated youth.
Previous Lives and Sidequests
- 2013-2016: Postdoc, UC Berkeley (consulting at various tech startups: Remix, Cerebras, k-Motion)
- (2016) Boris Alexeev and I (team BAYZ!!) got third place on this Kaggle contest for March Madness predictions.
- 2008-2013: PhD, Mathematics, MIT (cofounded SPARC and Vivana, a healthcare startup based in Cambridge)
- 2008: Researcher / Developer, Ellington Management (Atlantic City / Pokerstars poker games)
- 2003-2007: BA, Mathematics, Harvard University (Harvard Men’s Ultimate, Cabot House poker games, ACM Team Captain)
- 1999-2003: Thomas Jefferson High School (MOP, IMO, USACO, RSI, Clay Institute Research Academy, Canada-USA Math Camp)